P.S. Stretch is our leading heat transfer film when it comes to active wear. Why? It has all the same great features as P.S. Film except it's designed to go on to lycra & spandex. PS Stretch is thin, elastic, soft to the hand and blends well into the textiles, and has great stretch and rebound properties.
*PS Stretch has a matt finish - excluding Gold, Silver and Rose Gold which have a satin finish
*Stretch Gold is also lighter in colour that the PS Gold
*Stretch Fl. Passion Pink will be lighter in colour than the colour chart swatch as it has a clear adhesive
Please Note new application settings:
- Temperature: 160° C
- Press Time:20 seconds
- Pressure: Firm
*Colours are a guide only.
*Sold by the metre.
*500mm wide. (unless stated in colour swatch)
* Please note Calypso Coral and Chestnut are 381mm wide
Talk to an expert. We're on hand to help with any of your questions 8.30am-5pm,
Monday to Friday.
Call our team on 1300 364 687.
|Adheres to||Cotton, Polyester, Poly/cotton blends, Elastan, Not suited for treated and dye sublimated textiles|
|Heat Application||Pre-heat for 2-3 seconds, 160 Degrees, 20 seconds, High pressure, Peel Hot or Cold|
|Specification||90 Micron, Adhesive polyester carrier, Blade: 45 deg|
|Washing||Wait 24hrs before washing, Up to 60 degree washability - inside-out, OK to tumble dry, - Cotton cycle, Do not dry clean, No bleach or aggressive chemicals, Can iron inside-out|
What's the point of P.S. Stretch? Why wouldn't I just use normal P.S. Film?
P.S. Stretch is designed to stretch on fabrics such as lycra and spandex, if you were to use our normal P.S. Film, over time it would slowly come off the garment. Have a look at our video to see how much it stretches!
Can I use an iron to apply the film?
We always recommend using a good, solid, reliable heat press. However, if you don't have access to one, then please have a look at this YouTube clip for the best way to apply using an iron.
What blade should I use when cutting this film?
A standard blade will be fine. However for best results, we always recommend the 5025 blade over the 1005 blade.
Do I need app tape to apply the film?
No, you do not need app tape, just cut the film in reverse using a vinyl cutter and then use it's own backing to apply.
Can I multi-layer the films?
Yes, you can, but if it's going on lycra/spandex then you can only use P.S. Stretch when multi-layering.
What are the care instructions?
Please wait 24 hours before the first wash, then you can wash up to 60 degrees. Unfortunately the product can not be dry cleaned. Once the garment is dry, there is no need to turn the garment inside out when ironing as you can iron directly over the film.
Can I apply P.S. Stretch to just normal cottons or polyesters?
Yes, you can, however, you lose the advantage of washing up to 80 degrees compared to using our standard P.S. Film.
If the transfer won't adhere to the garment after you've heat pressed it then please check the following;
1) Do you have the correct heat? 160 degrees is required for P.S. Stretch.
2) Do you have the correct time? 20 seconds is required for P.S. Stretch.
3) Do you have the correct pressure? A lfirm pressure is required for P.S. Stretch.
4) Do you have a reliable heat press? Some heat presses give off an inconsistent heat which can effect the transfer adhering properly.
5) Have you checked for seams, collars or buttons getting in the way? If these things are in the way, then this affects the pressure which in turn effects the transfer adhering correctly. It could be a good idea to invest in some heat transfer pillows as this will help to avoid these things.
6) Are you applying the transfer to a nylon or coated polyester? If applying to either of these fabrics, the coating can effect the transfer adhering to the garment.