We understand the importance of your personal information so, we've put appropriate procedures in place to safeguard the information we collect.
Conect Enterprises is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. This policy is subject to change without notice.
WHAT WE COLLECT:
The following customer information is needed:
- First Name and Surname
- Email address Phone number
- Demographic information such as postcode,
- Preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE INFORMATION WE GATHER?
The customer information gathered will enable us to:
- Better understand your needs.
- Provide you with better customer service.
- Internal record keeping.
- Use the information to improve our products and services.
- Send promotional emails about new products, special offers and other information which may be of interest to you using the email address in which you provided.
- Use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail and we may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We take website and credit card security very seriously and always endeavour to provide a secure safe platform from which to conduct online transactions.
Conect Enterprises uses the SSL Certificate with extended verification which encrypts information as it is transmitted over the internet.
This encryption scrambles details such as credit card numbers, billing details and delivery addresses so that other computers are unable to decipher the information, ensuring privacy and security.
To ensure you are accessing a secure server, look for the unbroken key or closed lock symbol either at the bottom left or top right of your browser. If it appears, then SSL is active.
You can double check by looking at the URL. If SSL is active, then the first characters of the URL will read 'https' rather than just 'http.'
It is important to protect yourself against unauthorised access to your password and your computer. Ensure all card and password material is kept in a safe inaccessible place from hackers and do not share your credit card details over email.
Conect Enterprises uses E-way as its payment gateway provider. For more information on Eway visit www.eway.com.au
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, we no longer have any control over your privacy and personal information.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you don't want your personal information collected or you'd like to restrict the information we collect, you can do so the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes and ensure that it's not selected.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you
promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 49 Lakewood Boulevard, Carrum Downs VIC 3201.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.