Can I use an iron to apply the film?
We always recommend using a good, solid, reliable heat press. However if you don't have access to one, then please have a look at the You Tube clip in the video tab for the best way to apply using an iron.
What blade should I use when cutting this film?
A standard blade should be ok. However for best results, we always recommend the 5025 blade over the 1005 blade.
Do I need app tape to apply the film?
No, you do not need app tape, just cut the film in reverse using a vinyl cutter and then use it's own backing to apply.
Can I multi-layer the films?
Yes you can, but unfortunately Extrareflex needs to be the final layer.
What are the care instructions?
Please wait 24 hours before the first wash, then you can wash up to 30 degrees. This product can also be dry cleaned.
If the transfer won't adhere to the garment after you've heat pressed it then please check the following;
1) Do you have the correct heat? 160 degrees is required for Extrareflex Silver.
2) Do you have the correct time? Remember it's a 2 part process, 2-4 seconds for the first process then remove backing, then a light pressure for a further 10 seconds.
3) Do you have the correct pressure? A light pressure is required for Extrareflex Silver.
4) Do you have a reliable heat press? Some heat presses give off an inconsistent heat which can effect the transfer adhering properly.
5) Have you checked for seams, collars or buttons getting in the way? If these things are in the way, then this effects the pressure which in turn effects the transfer adhering correctly. It could be a good idea to invest in some heat transfer pillows as this will help to avoid these things.
6) Are you applying the transfer to a nylon or coated polyestor? If applying to either of these fabrics, the coating can effect the transfer adhering to the garment.