Can I use an iron to apply the film?
Unfortunately you can't use an iron to apply the film. It's best to use a reliable heat press and follow the time, temperature and pressure settings accordingly.
Do I need app tape to apply the film?
No, you do not need app tape, just cut the film in reverse using a vinyl cutter and then use it's own backing to apply.
What blade should I use when cutting this film?
When cutting P.S. Metallic we recommend using a reflective (thicker) blade.
Can I multi-layer the films?
Yes you can.
What are the care instructions?
Please wait 24 hours before the first wash, then you can wash in cold water. Unfortunately the product can not be dry cleaned.
Can I apply P.S. Metallic to nylon or stretchy fabrics?
Unfortunately you can't apply P.S. Metallic to nylon or stretchy fabrics.
How long can I expect the P.S. Metallic to last on the garment?
Unfortunately we consider P.S. Metallic to be a promotions film for short term use, you should get any where between 5-10 washes before you start to see cracking.
If the transfer won't adhere to the garment after you've heat pressed it then please check the following;
1) Do you have the correct heat? 160 degrees is required for P.S. Metallic.
2) Do you have the correct time? 15 seconds is required for P.S. Metallic.
3) Do you have the correct pressure? A light to medium pressure is required for P.S. Metallic.
4) Do you have a reliable heat press? Some heat presses give off an inconsistent heat which can effect the transfer adhering properly.
5) Have you checked for seams, collars or buttons getting in the way? If these things are in the way, then this effects the pressure which in turn effects the transfer adhering correctly.
6) Are you applying the transfer to a nylon or coated polyestor? If applying to either of these fabrics, the coating can effect the transfer adhering to the garment.